Friday 13 November 2009

Pieces of art

Hey, guys!

Or girls, better saying... LOL!

I didn't have any doubts of my theme when Janine said we'd write about Art...
I really like movies, paintings and dancing, but nothing grabs my attention as much as music does.

And You guys are in a lucky day, 'cause I could stay ours talking about music, bands, styles, music culture and artists, but it's getting late and I'm too tired for that. So, I guess these few lines will have to be enough...

Music is good for everyone, every time, everywhere. No surprise they have soundtracks for the most different scenes about the most different people, in the most different situations. There are dozens, hundreds, thousands of songs that could express one's suffering for love, but there's always "that special one" that fits the details, and says everything you wish you said instead.

I can say I have my "moments"... A moment to cry and mourn for how unfair life can be sometimes, a moment to laugh and hang out with friends, a moment to feel, fall and think about love, a moment to criticize society and protest about what's happening to humanity, one to relax and feel culture in it's most pure and intuitive way, one to think about nothing at all, and many others. But what's more interesting about music is that it's flexible, it's elastic! Music can fit all the situations of life you can think about. It's just magic.

Thinking of that, I made a selection of songs that can fit some moments of our lives, but it'd be too many videos to one single post, so I thought it was better to put only the links to youtube.

( Before you start thinking I'm crazy not to put the most known songs, and before you start thinking it's too weird that you don't know many of these, let me make something clear: I have some problems with the "money maker" songs, and with the songs that are said to be great but have very poor musical and lyrics content... So, I'd rather listen to good - although quite unknown -selected music than to accept that everything is music and turn my ears into a bin from time to time...)

here it goes!

Song for very sad or nostalgic moments:
Greensleeves

Song for happy moments and night out with girlfriends:
Open toes- Katharine Mcphee

Song for love deception and "elbow pain" (lol- the best ones are these, aren't they?):
Split screen sadness - John Mayer

Song for happy in-love moments:
Better man - James Morrison
and
Morena - Los Hermanos

Song for turn over moments (these ones deserve special attention to the lyrics):
This is your life - Switchfoot

and Dare you to move - Switchfoot (too)

Song for quiet nice moments:
The call - Regina Spektor

Song for trips:

Wordplay - Jason Mraz

Song for thinking about the world's problems (the Iraq war, in this case):

Coming home- John Legend

So... these are some of my many favorites...
lol
Hope you guys like them and look for these singers' other songs.. they are really good!
x)
be seein' ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment